Why Should You Get A Micro-inverter For Your House And Small Business Needs?
Micro-inverters are comparatively considered new to the technology market and are becoming very popular at a fast rate. However, solar Micro-inverters existed since the arrival of the solar PV systems, but due to high costs associated with manufacturing, they weren't popular until 2008. Let’s briefly take a look into microinverters and why they are the best choice for your house and small businesses.
What is a micro-inverter?
Microinverter is a device that can be attached to or on individual solar panels behind the railing at the array area, so the panel can function independently to convert DC power to AC supply. Microinverters are small inverters to handle the output of a single panel or a pair of panels, typically rated between 190 and 220 W (sometimes, 100 W).
Advantages of a micro-inverter
- Efficiency: Each solar panel produces individual output with maximum power without affecting other neighbouring panels. You can easily add more panels later without any hassle.
- Monitoring: It can be monitored at an individual panel level that allows an opportunity to monitor the fault panel without affecting the other inverters.
- Reliability: Most high-quality micro-inverters undergo rigorous testing in extreme weather conditions.
- Safe: Solar panel micro-inverters instantly convert DC power to AC and eliminate high-voltage DC electricity exposure.
- Cost-effective: As these inverters are compact, they easily fit in the back of a solar panel and do not require separate cooling. They tend to have a longer lifespan compared to their counterparts.
- Microinverters operate without noise as it generates less heat, so active cooling is not required.
- Warranty: high quality solar micro-inverters come with a 25-year warranty and great performance.
Disadvantages of a microinverter
- Higher initial cost: Micro-inverters have a high initial set-up cost as there are more system components in comparison to string or central inverters. However, if a single micro-inverter fails, only the attached solar panel is affected as opposed to a complete system failure when a string inverter goes down, so the micro-inverter price is more cost-effective in comparison.
- Higher cost of replacing: It might be difficult to replace the microinverter due to existing site conditions and microinverter price range. This is where quality comes into play. Choose a high-quality solar power system that can withstand extreme weather conditions.
There are major benefits to solar micro-inverters, but in the end, it is important to consider your home and business solar needs. If your property has considerable shade, then microinverters offer the best possible advantage. Additionally, for business, the ability to monitor individual panels for optimal output can offer an exponential value over time.
You must do research and ask questions about the quality and longevity, and performance of the solar panel micro-inverters, and insist on quality parts that will increase the value of your home and your satisfaction.
Waaree provides a wide range of innovative solar products, including On-grid and Off-grid inverters for homes and business needs. Contact us directly, and we’ll be happy to help satisfy your needs.