Solar Pump Yojana Kusum Yojana In India
Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyaan Yojana, was started by the Government of India to increase the income of farmers and bestow an inception for irrigation and de-dieselize the farm sector. The scheme was created by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) in the year 2019 to install solar pumps and other renewable power plants across the nation.
Benefits of Kusum Solar Pump Yojana
Below mentioned are the scheme benefits of Kusum Solar Pump Yojana:
- Renders risk-free income for farmers
- Capacity to examine groundwater overexploitation
- Furnishes continuous power supply to farmers
- Aids in the decline of carbon footprint in agriculture
- Diminishes farmer's burden of farm power subsidy
3 components of Kisan Solar Pump Yojana
The PM Kusum scheme is known by various names, one of which is Kisan Solar Pump Yojana. The scheme is classified into three components which are explained further:
- Under this scheme, workers will set up 10,000 MW of decentralized renewable energy power plants that are grid-connected on barren land.
- The grids will be put up by farmers, group of farmers, cooperatives, panchayats, Water User Associations (WUA), and Farmer Producer Organizations (FPO)
- Solar Power projects will be set up within the radius of 5 km of the sub-station
- In this scheme, farmers will be encouraged to install stand-alone solar agriculture pumps worth Rs. 17.50 lakh.
- The size of the pumps will be up to 7.5 HP for the replacement of existing diesel agriculture pumps.
- The size can be larger than 7.5 HP, but financial support will only be provided until 7.5 HP capacity.
- This scheme is for the solarisation of 10 Lakh Grid Connected Agriculture Pumps, and individual farmers will be supported to solarize pumps that have grid-connected pumps.
- Excess solar power will be provided to Distribution Companies of India (DISCOMs) at a pre-fixed tariff.
- Farmer's irrigation requirements shall be satisfied by using the generated solar power.
What is UP Solar Pump Yojana?
Inspired by PM Kusum Yojna, The Solar Pump Voltaic Irrigation Pump Scheme (SPVIPS), also known as UP Solar Pump Yojana, was launched by the Uttar Pradesh government to grant subsidized solar pumps to the UP farmers. It is a solar water pump circulation scheme in which 10,000 solar-powered agricultural water pumps will be provided at the subsidy of 70% for irrigation purposes.
Objectives of the UP Solar Pump Yojana
- To furnish adequate power to the farmers for agricultural objectives.
- To ensure that the electricity is available during day time and farmers need not work at night for irrigating their farms.
- To promote the adoption of solar energy.
- To conserve electricity generated employing conventional methods.
- To encourage clean energy and to conserve nature.
- To increase farmers.
Waaree Energies Ltd. is the largest manufacturer of solar water pumps in India. Having an extensive product portfolio that comprises some of the best PV solar panels, inverters, batteries. Contact us if you want to choose the best quality durable solar water pumps at a reasonable price.