Solar Panel Subsidy in Gujarat, 2022 - Geda Approved Vendors List
Western State of our India; Gujarat is bordered with Rajasthan, Maharashtra & Madhya Pradesh. Gujarat receives a good amount of sunlight every year to produce or generate power. And it has also been one of the top contributors to generate power through renewable sources.
Below is a comprehensive guide on solar panels to know about solar panel calculator, the subsidy offered, and other common questions.
You can also read: Solar Panel Subsidy in India
Objective of this Solar Subsidy
The costs and subsidy offered on Solar
In order to boost the large-scale installation of solar panels, central government offers 30% subsidy on the total cost of solar panels. The Gujarat Government offers a subsidy of Rs. 10,000/KW in addition to that offered by central government to increase our state’s solar installation. The maximum subsidy given under the residential rooftop solar project scheme in Gujarat will be Rs. 20,000.
This table illustrates the capacity-wise cost and subsidy for installing solar rooftop panels in Gujarat.
This document covers the additional particulars of the solar project scheme.
Going ahead, let’s know about the solar panel calculator for a home that you can rely on.
Also read: How Much Solar Panel Installation Cost in India
Calculating financial requirements of installing solar panel
The calculations pertaining to solar panels are often regarded to be more complex than conventional power connections. However, the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has developed a solar panel calculator for homes. This simplifies your decision-making to a greater extent and provides you with all financial and technical details.
This solar power calculator gives you an estimate as per your Rooftop area/the capacity you want to install/your budget. One needs to select the residential category of Gujarat and enter the average electricity cost per kWh. The solar panel cost calculator opens a pop-up detailing the cost, electricity generation, financial savings, and the subsidy amount.
Any company or body corporate or association or body of individuals, whether incorporated or not, or artificial juridical person shall be eligible for setting up of SPGs, either for the purpose of captive use and/ or for selling of electricity to the Distribution License/Third Party whether or not under the renewable energy certificate (REC) mechanism in accordance with the electricity Act-2003, as amended from time to time.
The residential customers of any DISCOM in Gujarat are eligible to apply for a PV Solar system. The solar system installed under the scheme should have a minimum capacity of 1kW. The application has to be made through the vendors registered and approved by GEDA. There are, in total, 459 vendors available in Gujarat. A few are listed below:
- Abhishek Enterprises: G-2, Chetan Appartmentopp, Anjoy Resturantjetalpur, Alkapuri – 9727713162.
- Arun Solar Service: 1a, 1st Floor, Pushptara App, Opp.rajan Nagar, Atul Road, Abrama, Valsad - 9427119484, 9904604047.
- Bapa Sitaram Renewable Energy: 317, Samved Complex, Jail Road, Bhavnagar - 9925557878.
- Bright Solar Limited: C-103, Titanium Square, Thaltej Circle, Sg Highway, Ahmedabad - 7820056205.
- Ceyone Solar: 20/1, Kailsah Estate 3, Opp Amc Garden, Viratnagar, Odhav Ahmedabad – 7567646788.
- Kisan Solar Private Limited: 323/a1, Gidc, Makarpura, Vadodara - 9898576699.
- L.l. Electricals: 50-feet Road, Parasana Society, Rajkot - 9726029130.
- M/s Sunmicra Renewable Energy: C-410, Siddhivinayak Business Tower, Nr. Katariya Arcade, Makarba, Ahmedabad - 9537285686.
- Plugin Electrical: 20, Shreedhar Industrial Park, Opp.simla Motor,odhavkathwada, Ring Road, Kathwada - 8511485291, 738340881.
- Power Pack Solutions: 34, Siddhi Vinayak Raw House, Nr. Jivraj Park Over Bridge, Jivraj Park Ahmedabad - 9725787004, 9737786888.
Click here to know the complete details of the vendors.
Benefits of installing solar panel on rooftop
The residential rooftops solar projects scheme of Gujarat offers the following benefits:
- 1kW solar panel comes with a subsidy of Rs. 24,490
- The final cost is inclusive of installation, commission, testing charges
- Saves electricity cost by at least Rs. 1000 per month
- It offers a complete maintenance contract of 5 years
- Streamlined application process through vendors
Along with these there is a lot more on subsidy policy of Gujarat government for solar; find detailed information here
Waaree Energies Ltd is the largest solar panel manufacturers in India. Our product portfolio consists of PV solar panels, inverters, batteries, and water pumps. Reach out to us for any of your residential solar energy requirements and get the best guidance for installing a residential solar power system.
Also read: Top 10 Solar Companies in India