Polycrystalline Solar Panels: What You Need To Know?
In the last few years, more and more people across the globe have become more energy-efficient to move towards sustainable living. This is why hundreds and thousands of people nowadays are adopting solar, as it can help them achieve their goals of becoming more energy efficient. In addition, the skyrocketing utility expenses in modern times is another reason people are installing solar panels for home.
These solar panels work on a PV (Photo Valutic) technology that draws energy from the sun and converts it into electrical energy. There are three main classifications of solar panels obtainable in the market these days. It includes thin-film solar panels, monocrystalline solar panels and polycrystalline solar panels. However, out of all these three kinds of solar panels, polycrystalline solar panels are the most popular due to their efficient working and economical costs.
What are Polycrystalline Solar Panels?
Polycrystalline or poly solar panels are one of the three kinds of solar panels that comprise numerous silicon crystals into one PV (Photovoltaic) cell. In these polycrystalline solar cells, the barrel of melted silicon utilized to create the PV cells is left to cool on the solar panel itself.
These polycrystalline solar panels hold a mosaic looking surface made up of numerous polycrystalline silicon. This is what makes these solar panels more efficient and long-lasting. This square-shaped mosaic arrangement of infinite silicon crystals in every PV cell of these polycrystalline panels allows the contracted movement of the electrons that assist in better energy formation.
Also, the primary aim of these solar panels is to use the sun's energy and convert that energy into electrical energy to light up your place. The use of silicon in these polycrystalline solar panels makes them less expensive than other solar panels. Unlike the other two solar panels in which the silicon is usually in the form of a single crystal, these solar panels use melted silicon that flows faster into the PV cells.
How do polycrystalline solar panels work?
These polycrystalline solar panels work as semiconductor devices made up of various PV cells. Every PV (Photovoltaic) cell of these panels contains melted silicon that assists these cells in creating electrical energy. Unlike the other solar panels that hold a black shade, these polycrystalline or multi-crystalline panels hold a blue shade due to the usage of melted silicon. This is what makes it absorb more sunlight in less time.
Hence when the sun rays fall on the PN junction (the combination of N-type and P-type electrodes) of these polycrystalline solar panels, it confers power to the electrons to enable them to pass through as the electric current. Both the P-type and the N-type electrodes work together and get connected with the PV cells. All these elements work together as a unit to generate electrical energy. Since the placement of every PV cell and polycrystalline silicon is accurate and proper, it makes them one of the most efficient solar panels in the present times. Apart from being efficient, a polycrystalline solar panel holds numerous distinct features that are mentioned below.
- Polycrystalline solar panels are more environmentally-friendly compared to other solar panels in the market. In addition to this, it does not need a separate placement of silicon as it uses its melted form to create PV cells. This is what makes it highly effective and further produces less waste.
- Polycrystalline solar panels hold a more moderate heat threshold than monocrystalline solar panels. Hence, at more soaring temperatures, these poly solar panels perform more effectively due to their high power density.
- These polycrystalline solar panels arrive with an individual fundamental framework that makes its installation more affordable and manageable.
Have you read "How Do Solar Panels Generate Electricity?"
Due to the availability of all these diverse features in these poly solar panels, they can be used for numerous purposes. The cost-efficiency of these solar panels makes it the most preferred choice in the large solar farms that harness solar energy to supply large scale electricity.
However, before choosing the right solar panels, people generally compare different kinds of solar panels available in the market. Hence to assist you in making the right selection, mentioned below are some of the key differences between monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar panels.
- Individual preferences: While the monocrystalline solar panels come in a dark black shade, the polycrystalline solar panels arrive in a blue shade. The main reason why many people consider this point is that the color of solar panels is what reflects on the roof.
- Space limitations: You must always favor higher-efficiency solar panels if your PV (photovoltaic) system capacity is restricted by the amount of area free on your roof. If you have a roof that has a smaller area, you must always choose to install monocrystalline solar panels as they can effectively create the sun’s energy into electric energy. On the other hand, if you have a large roof, you should always install polycrystalline solar panels as they are easy to mount and it is more efficient than monocrystalline solar panels.
- Solar panel financing: How you finance your solar system can likewise play a significant role in deciding which kind of solar panel you choose. For instance, if you prefer a PPA (Power Purchase Agreement), you pay per kilowatt-hour for the power generated by the solar system. This implies that, despite any solar panels you prefer, the recurrent payments will define your savings. Hence, to make more savings in the long run, choosing a polycrystalline solar panel is always a great idea.
After looking at all the points mentioned above, you must have now understood what polycrystalline solar panels are and how they work. Hence, it can be asserted that these poly solar panels are the most cost-effective option that you can choose to install at your home or office. Installing these solar panels at your place can assist in attaining all your set energy efficiency goals and take steps towards sustainability.
Also read:How Many Solar Panels Do You Need?
If you wish to get a solar panel installation at your place, look no further than Waaree. Waaree Energies Ltd. is a prominent name in the solar industry that can assist you with all your solar products purchases, installation and maintenance at the most affordable rates.