How to Make Your Normal Inverter into a Solar Inverter?
Nowadays, every house has an inverter, which regulates the electrical voltage. But did you know that your existing inverter can be converted into a solar inverter? Don't be shocked if this happens. You may now give a solar panel connected to a normal inverter. Today, we have advanced to the point where changing any standard or existing inverter to a solar inverter is as simple as pressing a button.
What is the difference between the two?
- Standard inverter: A standard inverter, often known as a solo inverter, is a basic type of inverter. It transforms DC electricity into AC electricity. A typical inverter power system includes a DC source (battery) and a stand-alone inverter. The battery is charged by grid electricity, and the energy stored in the battery is only used when the main power goes off.
- Solar inverter: The pure solar inverter, however, replaces the battery's power source with DC from the solar panels. Solar panels cannot be directly connected to the inverter's input. A solar charge controller, which is a built-in component of a solar inverter, is needed in this situation.
Knowing how to connect a solar panel to the inverter, you can effectively transform your inverter into a solar one.
Benefits of using solar inverters
Here are the multiple benefits you get when you connect the inverter to a solar panel.
- Aids in the reduction of excessive power expenses.
- The solar inverter blocks the reverse current flow from the solar battery to the solar panel.
- The best option for generating power at home.
- There is no need to buy a solar inverter separately if you have a solar system.
- Simultaneously perform the functions of a regular inverter and a solar inverter.
How to connect a solar panel to an inverter?
A solar conversion device, also known as a "Solar Charge Controller," is required to give a solar panel connected to a normal inverter. We may also utilize our current or non-solar inverter in a solar system with the aid of a solar charge controller.
A solar conversion kit, also known as a solar charge controller, is required to connect the solar panel to a normal inverter. A solar charge controller is a compact solar gadget that links the inverter and the solar panel.
How to connect the inverter to a battery?
When using a solar inverter, it is essential to understand how the batteries work and how to connect an inverter to a battery.
- When the sun reflects on these solar panels, DC power is created, which is then sent to the batteries through a solar converter and charged.
- On the other hand, solar panels guarantee that the correct amount of charge reaches the battery because extremely high power might cause the batteries to be irreversibly destroyed.
How to select a solar panel?
Solar panels with a power range of 10 W to 375 W and a maximum voltage of 12 V and 24 V are available.
To establish the power and voltage levels of the solar panels, you should be aware of the existing battery and inverter ratings. This guarantees that the solar panel will work with the existing system.
Waaree Energies Ltd. aims to provide the best and budget-friendly sustainable energy. Our company strives to reduce carbon footprint by manufacturing Solar PV Modules to India and now to the US and Canada. We are looking forward to extending our services to customers across the country.